As part of our long-term commitment to the people of Vietnam, AmCham will grant scholarships to 40 deserving students later this year.
The application is completed online and the deadline is October 12. AmCham does not accept late application submissions for any reason.
Who Can Apply:
AmCham recognizes that there are talented students from many universities in Vietnam. However, for 2012, the AmCham Scholars program is only available to final-year students from the following universities: the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam, Foreign Trade University in Hanoi, Hanoi Law University, Hanoi University, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, National Economics University of Hanoi and Vietnam National University, Hanoi.
- Applicant must be a “full-time” student.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 7.0 out of 10.0 (or 3.0 out of 4.0) or above.
- Applicant must have an active record of school/social/community service activities.
- Applicant must be able to communicate effectively in English-language.
- Preference will be given to students that demonstrate financial need. Proper documentation of financial need should be submitted along with your official school transcript.
Why You Should Apply:
- Receiving an AmCham Scholarship looks great, whether you intend to apply for a job after graduation, or whether you intend to continue your education in Vietnam or abroad.
- AmCham Scholars will be recognized by over 1400 AmCham members throughout Vietnam.
- Applications will be reviewed by human resource managers from AmCham member companies in Vietnam. This is a great opportunity to get a head-start on looking for a good job after graduation.
- CASH – everyone can use some extra money, no matter whether you are rich or poor.
- Scholarship winners receive a free job skills training course taught by American business leaders in Hanoi.
What The Winners Receive:
- In mid-December, the US Ambassador and American business leaders will award each of the top 20 applicants 6,000,000 VND in cash. 20 other deserving applicants will each receive 2,000,000 VND in cash.
- A free job skills training course taught by American business leaders in Hanoi.
- Admission to the AmCham Scholars Alumni Club.
- Resume exposure to the HR departments of our member companies.
- Priority for possible internship positions.
- Invitations to selected AmCham events and activities.
Schedule / Timeline
- September 17 Application Available Online
- October 12 Application Deadline
- October 22 Results of 1st Round Screening
- October 31 ProfileXT Assessment Deadline
- November 10 Results of 2nd Round Screening
- November 15-16 English Language Skills Exam
- November 24 Results of 3rd Round Screening
- November 29-30 Panel Interviews in English by Human Resource Professionals
- December 15 AmCham Scholars Award Ceremony
(1) English Test Sponsor: Apollo Vietnam
(2) Profile Assessment Sponsor: TRG International
(3) Interview in English conducted by AmCham member company Human Resources Experts; Skills evaluated include: Communication, Career Orientation, Teamwork, Creativity, Rational Decision Making, and Leadership.
2012 AmCham Scholarship Application Form
Please do NOT send your grade documents electronically to AmCham. Send or deliver your official school transcript with your university’s stamp, and other certifications if necessary, to the AmCham office located on the ‘M’ Floor, Hilton Hanoi Opera, 1 Le Thanh Tong Street, Hanoi. You do NOT need to translate these documents into English and AmCham will not return the documents afterwards. AmCham must receive your completed online application form no later than 21:00 on October 12. We will not accept late application submissions – for any reason. As for your documents, the new deadline to submit them to AmCham Office is 17:30 on October 19. Clever Academy.
The AmCham Scholars Program welcomes applicants from all backgrounds and situations. We do, however, give preference to applicants that can demonstrate financial need with proper documentation.