Survey: COVID-19 Outbreak and Vaccine Availability
The American Chamber of Commerce in Hanoi conducted a survey on May 21-22 about the impact of the latest COVID-19 outbreak on business operations in Vietnam. The survey focused on business operations, travel and activity restrictions, burdensome procedures for in-bound arrivals, and the availability of vaccines in Vietnam. Survey results showed that our members remain concerned about the economic impact of the coronavirus here.
- The coronavirus outbreak is causing anxiety and uncertainty across all business sectors in Vietnam.
- Biggest challenges are a lack of available vaccine to protect their team members, and not being able to bring necessary people here due to burdensome travel requirements and paperwork.
- Over 70% of respondents say their company is currently restricting work travel in Vietnam.
- Around 90% of AmCham members have cancelled work or personal travel due to the current outbreak.
- 81% of members say their company would bring more people to Vietnam if the mandatory quarantine period was reduced from 21 days down to 7 days.
- 88% of respondents said they or their company would pay money to receive a high-quality vaccine here.
- 98% of American citizens responding to the survey feel the U.S. government should provide, or ensure the availability of, vaccines for all Americans living in Vietnam.
Click HERE to view full survey results.