Who Can Apply:
AmCham recognizes that there are talented students from many universities in Vietnam. However, for 2013, the AmCham Scholars program is only available to final-year students from the following universities: the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam, Foreign Trade University in Hanoi, Hanoi Law University, Hanoi University, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, National Economics University of Hanoi, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, Academy of Finance, Banking Academy and FPT University.
- Applicant must be a “full-time” student.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 7.0 out of 10.0 (or 3.0 out of 4.0) or above.
- Applicant must have an active record of school/social/community service activities.
- Applicant must be able to communicate effectively in English-language.
- Preference will be given to students that demonstrate financial need.
Why You Should Apply:
- Receiving an AmCham Scholarship looks great, whether you intend to apply for a job after graduation, or whether you intend to continue your education in Vietnam or abroad.
- AmCham Scholars will be recognized by over 1300 AmCham members throughout Vietnam.
- Applications will be reviewed by human resource managers from AmCham member companies in Vietnam. This is a great opportunity to get a head-start on looking for a good job after graduation.
- CASH – everyone can use some extra money, no matter whether you are rich or poor.
- Scholarship winners receive a free job skills training course taught by American business leaders in Hanoi.
What The Winners Receive:
- In mid-December, the US Ambassador and American business leaders will award each of the top 20 applicants 6,000,000 VND in cash. 20 other deserving applicants will each receive 2,000,000 VND in cash.
- A free job skills training course taught by American business leaders in Hanoi.
- Admission to the AmCham Scholars Alumni Club.
- Resume exposure to the HR departments of our member companies.
- Priority for possible internship positions.
- Invitations to selected AmCham events and activities.
Schedule / Timeline
- September 25 Application Available Online
- October 9 Application Deadline
- October 20 Results of 1st Round Screening
- October 27 ProfileXT Assessment Deadline
- November 4 Results of 2nd Round Screening
- November 7-8 English Language Skills Exam
- November 20 Results of 3rd Round Screening
- November 25-26 Face-to-Face Interviews in English by Human Resource Professionals
& December 4-5
- December 14 AmCham Scholars Award Ceremony
(1) English Test Sponsor: Apollo Vietnam
(2) Profile Assessment Sponsor: TRG International
(3) Interview in English conducted by AmCham member company Human Resources Experts; Skills evaluated include: Communication, Career Orientation, Teamwork, Creativity, Rational Decision Making, and Leadership.
How to Apply:
The application deadline was 9:00pm on October 9. AmCham thanks applicants for their interest in becoming 2013 AmCham Scholars. Results from the first round of the selection process will be emailed to applicants on October 20. If you have any questions about the application process, please email us at [email protected]
Instructions for submitting your grades:
Please scan and upload your official school transcript with your university’s stamp to www.mediafire.com then send the link to download these documents to [email protected] Please note that we will only accept file under 1mb. You do NOT need to translate these documents into English. AmCham must receive your documents no later than 17:30 on October 14.