Twelve years ago, AmCham began a program to recognize outstanding final-year undergraduate students in Hanoi who demonstrate leadership through academic performance, community involvement, extracurricular activities, and possess good English-language skills. The purpose of the program is to help our members find great future employees and to demonstrate AmCham’s commitment to Vietnam and its young people.Who Can Apply: AmCham is looking to reward the best-of-the-best, regardless of which university you attend. Final year students that will graduate between September 1, 2021 and September 1, 2022 from all accredited universities in Hanoi are eligible to apply to become a 2021 AmCham Scholar. Unfortunately, this program does not accept students at universities outside of Hanoi:
- Applicant must be a “full-time” student.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 7.0 out of 10.0 (or 3.0 out of 4.0) or above.
- Applicant must have an active record of school/social/community service activities.
- Applicant must be able to communicate effectively in English-language.
Why You Should Apply:
- Receiving an AmCham Scholarship looks great, whether you intend to apply for a job after graduation, or whether you intend to continue your education in Vietnam or abroad.
- AmCham Scholars will be recognized by over 2000 AmCham members throughout Vietnam.
- Applications will be reviewed by human resource managers from AmCham member companies in Vietnam. This is a great opportunity to get a head-start on looking for a good job after graduation.
- CASH – everyone can use some extra money, no matter whether you are rich or poor.
- Scholarship winners receive a free job skills training course taught by American business leaders in Hanoi.
- Challenge yourself: Fewer than 15 percent of applicants receive the award. Find out if you are good enough.
What The Winners Receive:
- In mid-December, the US Ambassador and American business leaders will award each AmCham Scholar VND6,000,000 in cash. Runners-up will each receive VND1,000,000 in cash. We know that isn’t a huge amount, but Covid has made our wallet thinner than before!
- Priority for internship positions at AmCham and some member companies.
- Invitations to AmCham events and activities.
- A free job skills training course taught by American business leaders in Hanoi.
- Admission to the AmCham Scholars Alumni Club.
- Resume exposure to the HR departments of our member companies.
Schedule / Timeline
- September 15 Application Instructions Available Online
- October 17 Video Submission Deadline
- October 27 Results of First Round
- November 2 Online Questionnaire Deadline
- November 11 School Transcript Submission Deadline
- November 23 Results of Second Round
- December 2 English Language Skills Exam
- December 11 Results of Third Round
- December 16-20 Face-to-Face Interviews in English
- January 8 AmCham Scholars Award Ceremony